Holy frijoles, it’s been a month.
– I have more ‘Choose 6’ posts on their way! Apologies to James who’s done his half of the posts. I’m playing catch ups.
– I have reviews that I need to post, including Damon Young’s How To Think About Exercise. I purchased a crap load of books over the past month, so I’m once again out of bookshelf space. At this rate, I might have to start a charity to fund by bookshelves. I’ve really been scoring well at second hand bookshops, much to my delight. It’s something that Canberra does well.
– My voice was on things! The AusOpinion podcast, The Dog Whistle, had me on a few weeks ago. It was enormous fun. Also, I was on Radio National’s Sunday Extra again with one of the guys from Restoring the Balance. This meant that I kept worrying that I’d sound like a spoof conservative… I think the two recordings show that there is a deeper conversation about asylum seeker issues which can be had without people resorting to stock standard responses. Two excellent people with whom I disagree in the strongest terms were also on the same programme a week later.
– There’s a new website! It’s called The Other Right and it’s trying to collect the various writings of people who identify from the right wing of politics who aren’t utterly lunatic. I’m trying to find some time to sit down and write about why the term ‘moderate’ describes something terrible in modern politics… I’m also try to submit some longer pieces to that site directly. That’s the plan, at least.
– I need to catch up with Ioannis and watch the next Percy Jackson film with him for the Ad Absurdum Podcast.
– Speaking of Ioannis, he doesn’t know this yet, but we will also go see Pompeii and Noah. Are we returning to a new era of epic films? I sure hope not.
Life eases up in about a fortnight, so I’ll get back to my regularly scheduled eleventy thousand words per day publishing rate soon.